Province : Antwerpen
- (1846) D'or, à la croix de cinq losanges de gueules, cantonnée de vingt billettes de même, posées en sautoir par cinq.
- (1989) In keel een Sint-Pieter met nimbus, houdende in de rechterhand een sleutel en in de linkerhand een boek en begeleid van twee looftakken, het geheel van goud.
The arms were granted on December 20, 1846 and new arms were granted on September 8, 1930 and confirmed on June 6, 1989.
The arms are based on the old seal of the village, showing St. Peter. The seal was the seal of the Corbie Abbey for Mol, as Mol, Balen and Dessel were possessions of the Abbey since 774. The seal has been used by the village for centuries.
The previous arms were granted in 1846 and show rather different arms. These were the arms of the De Mol family from Brussels. Even though they rented the Mol Estate from 1626-1660, there are no documents known in the village with the arms of this family. Therefore in 1930 new arms were granted based on the historical seal.
The arms from 1846
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
The arms on a Dutch Willem II cigar band
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site
Literature: Anonymous : Van evers en heiligen - wapens en vlaggen van de gemeenten in de provincie Antwerpen. Antwerpen, 1998.