From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Province : Liège
Additions : 1964 Cornesse; 1977 Soiron, Wegnez

Armoiries de Pepinster

Official blazon

Coupé, en chef d; argent à trois lions de sinople, armés et lampassés de gueules, couronnés d'or, en pointe d'azur à quatre fers de moulin d'or rangés 3 et 1.


The arms were officially granted on August 11, 1926 and again on November 7, 1980.

The lions in the chief are those of the Marquisate of Franchimont, to which the village belonged from 898-1848. The four mill-irons symbolise the former watermills in the area as well as the local textile industries, which were of great importance in the 18th to mid 20th century.

Wapen van/Blason de Pepinster

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930

Literature: Servais, 1955

Belgium heraldry portal

This page is part of the
Belgium heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:

  • Total pages in the Belgium section : 4,853
  • of which images : 3,617

Other heraldry:

Contact and Support


© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site