Ujazd (Strzelce)

From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 06:21, 15 September 2023 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "Literature :" to "'''Literature''':")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

UJAZD

Province: Opole
County: Strzelce

Arms of Ujazd (Strzelce)
Official blazon
Polish blazon wanted
English blazon wanted

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially adopted in 1998.

The mitre and crosiers indicate that the town was a possession of the bishops of Wroclaw from the 12th-15th century. The arms are based on a 17th century seal of the town.

The former arms of the city showed two towers flanked on each side by a crosier and star. The meaning or origin of the arms is not known. The composition indicates that it is derived from a medieval seal, but the oldest remaining seal of the city dates from the 17th century. Hupp showed the arms in slightly different colours, see below.

Arms of Ujazd (Strzelce)

The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Arms of Ujazd (Strzelce)

The arms in 1994

Literature: Plewako and Wanag, 1994


Poland heraldry portal



This page is part of the
Poland.jpg
Poland heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:



  • Total pages in the Poland section : 8,105
  • of which images : 5,036

Other heraldry:


Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site