From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


County : Kaunas
Municipality : Kaišiadorys

Arms (crest) of Žiežmariai
Official blazon
Lithuanian blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms were officially granted on on February 14, 1792 and again on December 28, 1998.

St. Stanislaus and the royal crown refer to King Stanislaus August, who granted the arms, and the Eye of Providence (at the time above the arms) is the symbol of the Four years parliament. The arms were abolished in 1795, when Lithuania fell to the Russian Empire.

The modern arms are heraldically improved: the Eye of Providence moved into field of arms.

Arms of Žiežmariai

The arms in 1792
Arms of Žiežmariai

The late 18th century seal
Arms of Žiežmariai

The arms in the early 20th century

Lithuania heraldry portal

This page is part of the
Lithuania heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:

  • Total pages in the Lithuania section : 1,344
  • of which images : 786

Other heraldry:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Rimsa, 2004