Bognor Regis

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
United Kingdom.jpg
British heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of the United Kingdom
Unitedkingdom-flag.gif

  • Overseas possessions
  • Total pages in the British section : 15,571
  • Total images in the British section : 9,351

BOGNOR REGIS (urban district council)

Incorporated into: 1974 Arun

Arms (crest) of Bognor Regis

Official blazon

Arms: Azure on a Pile Or a Saxon Crown gules a Chief invected of the second thereon three Martlets of the first.
Crest: On a Wreath of the Colours between two Gull's Wings Azure a Saxon Crown Gules.
Motto: To Excel (Bognor Regis Town Council) or Action (Bognor Regis UDC)

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on April 10, 1935.

The gold pile surrounded by a blue field suggests sand and sea. The Saxon crown suggests the Saxon origin of the town and the royally granted title "regis". The chief has the marlets of West Sussex.

The crest repeats the Saxon crown, between two blue seagull's wings. This shows that this is a seaside town.

The arms are continued by the Bognor Regis Town Council with the new motto.

Coat of arms (crest) of Bognor Regis

The arms as used on a JaJa postcard +/- 1905
Coat of arms (crest) of Bognor Regis

The arms on Crested china

Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the siteLiterature: Image and information provided by Laurence Jones.