Druskininkai

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Lithuania heraldry portal



This page is part of the
Lithuania.jpg
Lithuania heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:



  • Total pages in the Lithuania section : 1,343
  • of which images : 785

Other heraldry:

DRUSKININKAI

County : Alytus

Arms (crest) of Druskininkai
Official blazon
Lithuanian blazon wanted
English blazon wanted

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on April 19, 1994.

Druskininkai received city rights in 1953. There are no historical arms for the town prior to 1969. The arms showed three crowned pine trees. The city is surrounded by pine trees, hence the choice for the symbol. The arms were inspired by a painting by Mikalojus Konstantinas Ciurlionis, a famous 20th century artist in Lithuania, who lived in the city.

The arms were abolished in 1970 and restored in 1994.


Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Rimsa, 1998