From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Province : Antwerpen


Official blazon

  • (1819) Van goud, beladen met drie zwijnshoofden van lazuur.
  • (1849) Een gulden veld, met dry blaeuwe everzrynskoppen afgescheurd, met blaeuwe oogen en slagtanden.
  • (1994) In goud drie afgerukte everkoppen van natuurlijke kleur.


The arms were granted on October 6, 1819 and again om February 11, 1840 and February 8, 1994.

Wommelgem was a possession of the Immerzeel family in the 13th century. Until around 1750 the village used a seal with the three fleur-de-lys from the arms of the Immerzeel family. In 1776 Simon de Neuff acquired the village and his arms were used as the municipal arms in 1819. Only the natural colour of the boar heads was changed into blue, blue and gold being the national colours of the Netherlands at the time (see below). The colours were not changed after the Belgian independence, only in 1994 the historical arms were restored.

Wapen van/Blason de Wommelgem

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
Wapen van/Blason de Wommelgem

The arms on a police badge (source)

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Servais, 1955; Anonymous : Van evers en heiligen - wapens en vlaggen van de gemeenten in de provincie Antwerpen. Antwerpen, 1998.