From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Rheinland-Pfalz
District (Kreis) : Donnersbergkreis (until 1969 Rockenhausen)
Verbandsgemeinde : Verbandsgemeinde Nordpfälzer Land (until 2020 Verbandsgemeinde Alsenz-Obermoschel)

Wappen von Alsenz/Arms (crest) of Alsenz
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted on August 1, 1959.

Alsenz was jointly ruled by the Counts of Zweibrücken and Veldenz. In a seal from 1570 arms are shown, with in the upper half the lion of Pflaz and the diamonds of the Wittelsbach family as Counts of Zweibrücken, and in the lower half a wavy bar, the river Alsenz.

As Alzens became a possession of Nassau in 1755, the present arms show the lions of Veldenz and Nassau in the upper part and the river in the lower part.

Prior to 1959 the village used the old arms, with the Pfalz/Wittelsbach in the upper half unofficially:

Wappen von Alsenz/Coat of arms (crest) of Alsenz

The seal of Alsenz

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Stadler, , 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Debus, 1988.