|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
(de) In Rot zwei gekreuzte silberne Schlüssel, darüber eine silberne Pilgermuschel, darunter ein silberner Raitelhaken.
The arms were officially granted on July 30, 1980.
The arms are a combination of elements from the arms of the three former municipalities. The colours are those of the Diocese of Salzburg, to which the area belonged until 1817.
The keys are taken from the old arms (see below), the shell is taken from the arms of Aufham and the hook from the arms of Högl.
The arms were granted in 1957.
The two crossed keys are the symbol of the St. Peter Abbey in Salzburg, which owned most of the municipality since the 11th century until 1803. The chief shows the colours of the State of Salzburg, to which the part of the municipality West of the Salzach belonged. The small mountain in the base symbolises the mountaneous character of the area.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.