|German||In dem durch einen Balken von neun silbernen Salzkristallen geteilten Schild oben in Blau ein wachsender, golden gekrönter und golden bewehrter, fünfmal von Silber und Rot geteilter Löwe; unten in Schwarz ein silberner Sprudel über silbernem Becken.|
The arms were granted in 1856 by Prince Friedrich Wilhelm with the fountain in the upper half and the lion in the lower half. Until 1856 the local seal only showed the golden lion of Hessen-Nassau.
The fountain symbolises the resort and spa in the city, which were founded in 1846. The bar of salt crystals symbolises the salt mining near the city since the 14th century. The area became part of Hessen in 1736, which is symbolised by the lion.
The arms were changed in 1913 to the present composition.
The arms on a municipal stamp (1892)
The arms around 1905
Seal from around 1920
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms on the city hall (image from Bad Nauheim council)
Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
- Your logo here ? Contact us !
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site