Füssen (kreis)

From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 06:47, 20 September 2018 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "50 px|link=Germany" to "")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to navigation Jump to search
Heraldry of the World
Wappen der Welt
German heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of Germany
Deutsche Wappen

  • Total pages in the German section : 19,404


State : Bayern
Incorporated into : 1979 Ostallgäu

Wappen von Füssen (kreis)

Official blazon



The arms were granted in 1966.

The upper part of the arms are taken from the arms of Bayern. The main part of the district became part of Bayern in 1803. The other two fields indicate former rulers in the area. The mitre symbolises the monastery of St. Mang and the crosier the Prince-Bishops of Augsburg. The latter were most influential in the Western part of the district, the monastery in the Eastern part.

Follow us : Facebook.jpgInstagram.png
(when sharing images on Instagram, use #heraldryoftheworld)

Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes. Bayern.jpg