|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
Hachenburg got city rights in 1314 from the Counts of Sayn. The arms show a gate and the arms of the Counts of Sayn. The arms were granted in the present colours in 1936. These arms are used on seals and architecture from at least 1292 until the 18th century. Besides these arms, arms with a single bell were used in 1636, arms with a fountain in the 18th century and during most of the last century only the lion was used. In 1909 the present arms were granted, the colours were changed in 1936.
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Emergency money from the 1920s
The arms in the town (Image from Facebook|}
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.