|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
State : Rheinland-Pfalz
The arms were granted on December 13, 1965.
The arms show the lions of Veldenz and the Pfalz. The largest part of the district belonged in the late Middle Ages to the Counts of Veldenz. From 1393-1444 the Counts of the Pfalz gradually acquired most of the district and kept it until the end of the 19th century.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.