Mühlheim an der Donau

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Official blazon

In Silber ein vierspeichiges schwarzes Mühlrad.

Origin/meaning

Mühlheim became a city in the early 13th century, after being founded by the Counts of Zollern. The oldest seal of the city dates from 1266 and shows the canting wheel (Mühl=mill). Even though the city was ruled by a number of families and institutions, the arms never changed. The present colours are the colours of the Counts of Zollern.


The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925


Follow us :   
(when sharing images on Instagram, use #heraldryoftheworld)

Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.