Neunburg vorm Wald
|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
NEUNBURG VORM WALD
State : Bayern
District (Kreis) : Schwandorf (until 1973 Neunburg vorm Wald)
Additions : 1972 Fuhrn, Kröblitz, Mitteraschau (1946 Katzdorf), Seebarn (1946 Thann); 1974 Eixendorf, Kemnath bei Fuhrn, Lengfeld, Meißenberg, Unterauerbach; 1978 Alletsried (partly), Penting
In Blau aus zinnenbekrönter silberner Ringmauer mit offenem Tor und Fallgatter aufsteigend ein silberner Turm, beiderseits des Obergeschosses je ein Erkertürmchen, alle mit roten Spitzdächern.
The arms show a walled tower, which is a canting symbol (Neunburg = new-castle). The tower already appears on the oldest known seal of the city, which dates from the late 14th century. Later seals until the 16th century also showed only a tower. In the 16th century the city became a possession of the Counts of the Pfalz, and two small shields appear, the lion of the Pfalz and the diamonds of the Wittelsbach family as Counts of the Pfalz. In the 17th century the tower appears again as a single symbol, in the shape as in the above arms. Similar shaped, the tower appears on decorations in the city hall in the 17th century. The colours of the arms are known since 1812.
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925