|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted in 1950.
The arms show a piece of vair for the Lords of Kronberg (see Obertaunuskreis), and a bar for the Hohen-Geroldseck Estate. The arms are a simplified version of the arms on the seal from 1670. The seal showed a quartered shield, with in the first and fourth quarter the pine cone and wing, taken from the crest of the Lords of Kronberg, and in the second and third quarter a bunch of peacock feathers and a bar; the feathers were used as a crest on the arms of the Hohen-Geroldseck Estate. The Lords of Kronberg acquired the estate in 1634.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.