|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The lion in the upper part is the lion of Nideggen, as the municipality was a part of Nideggen from 1313-1804, and from 1804-1971 it was part of the Amt Nideggen.
The blue bend symbolises the Rur river. The lower half shows a water mill wheel which is a symbol for the oldest known Lords of the village, the Counts of Molbach (is Mühlbach, or mill-creek). The first time a mill was mentioned in the area dates from around 1100.
The green colour symbolises the nature in the municipality.