|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were granted on February 11, 1930.
The arms show in the lower half the two main historical territories to which the district belonged: the cross of the State of Trier and the arms of Luxembourg. The upper part is the Prussian eagle, as the district belonged in 1930 to the Prussian Rhineprovince.
Literature : Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.