From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Province : Oost-Vlaanderen
Incorporated into: 1976 Lochristi

Wapen van Beervelde/Arms (crest) of Beervelde
Official blazon
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted on April 18, 1924.

The municipality of Beervelde was created in 1921 from parts of Destelbergen, Heusden, Laarne and Kalken.

In 1923 the council applied for arms with on the right half the three keys of the Sint Pieters Abbey in Gent. These were chosen as historically part of the municipality was a possession of the abbey (see also Destelbergen). In the left half the council applied for the use of the Counts of Kerchove en Dentergem, as the counts had played an important role in the development of the area. The present Count of Kerchove approved the use of the arms of his family in June 1923 and the arms were subsequently granted.

Literature: Servais, 1955

Belgium heraldry portal

This page is part of the
Belgium heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:

  • Total pages in the Belgium section : 6,284
  • of which images : 5,065

Other heraldry:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site