- (1819) Van lazuur beladen met St. Andreas van goud.
- (1845) D'azur, à un St. André d'or.
The arms were granted in 1819 and confirmed on February 28, 1845.
The oldest seal of the village dates from 1694 and shows the two patron saints of the village, St. Andrew and St. Ghislain. The latter somehow disappeared when the council applied for arms in 1815. The present arms thus show St. Andrew and the cross on which he was martyred.
The colours are the Dutch national colours, as in 1813 the mayor applied without indicating the colours. The arms were thus granted in the national colours. When the arms were confirmed after the Belgian independence, the colours were not changed.
The arms from 1819
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
Literature: Servais, 1955
Belgium heraldry portal
This page is part of the Belgium heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site