From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wapen van Berendrecht/Arms (crest) of Berendrecht

Country : Belgium

Province :

Incorporated into:

Loading map...
Official blazon
  • (1819) Van lazuur beladen met een boom, aan dezelve een schild van goud beladen met ene kruis van lazuur en vastgehouden door 2 klimmende beren van goud, alles staande op een terras van goud.
  • (1840) Een blauw veld, met eenen gulden boom belaeden met een gulden schildeken, met een blauw kruys rustende op twee dulden beeren, alles staende op eene hoogte van goud.
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted on October 6, 1819 and confirmed on December 23, 1840.

The arms were applied for by the local council in the early 19th century and show a shield with a cross, derived from the arms of the St. Michael Abbey in Antwerpen (see Zandvliet). The two bear supporters are canting.

As the council did not apply for colours, the arms were granted in 1819 in the Dutch National colours. After the Belgium independence the arms were confirmed, but the colours were not changed into more historical colours.

Image gallery

Literature: Servais, 1955

Belgium heraldry portal

This page is part of the
Belgium heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:

  • Total pages in the Belgium section : 5,983
  • of which images : 4,782

Other heraldry:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site