Bromsgrove RDC

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World
United Kingdom.jpg
British heraldry portal
Civic heraldry of the United Kingdom
Unitedkingdom-flag.gif

  • Overseas possessions
  • Total pages in the British section : 16,279
  • Total images in the British section : 3

BROMSGROVE (rural district council)

Incorporated into: 1974 Bromsgrove

Arms (crest) of Bromsgrove RDC

Official blazon

Arms : Vert, the head of a crosier Or and a sickle prope rin saltire.
Crest : On a crest argent and vert, Within a representation of the four stones at Clent Hills, a beech tree proper.
Motto: 'DIRIGERE MINISTRANDO'

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on November 25, 1952.

The green colour of the shield symbolises the rural areas in the district. The golden crosier symbolises the influence of the Bishops of Worcester in the area for many centuries. In Alvechurch, in the eastern part of the district, the bishops had one of their palaces.

The sickle represents the ancient industry of making sickles and scythes in the western part of the district. The crest shows a beech tree, representing Frankley Beeches, the well known landmark on the northern boundary of the district with Birmingahm.


Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the siteLiterature: Image and information provided by the Bromsgrove District Council