Cambron-Casteau

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

CAMBRON-CASTEAU

Province : Hainaut
Incorporated into: 1977 Brugelette

Armoiries de Cambron-Casteau

Official blazon

De gueules à la fasce d'or accompagnée en chef d'une divise vivrée du même.

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on May 22, 1909.

The arms are derived from the arms of the Counts of Mastaing de Jauche, the last Lords of Cambron-Casteau in the 18th century. The family acquired the estate in the early 17th century and owned it until 1793. The bar is derived from the older Lords of Jauche (see also the village Jauche)

Wapen van/Blason de Cambron-Casteau

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930

Literature: Servais, 1955


Belgium heraldry portal



This page is part of the
Belgium.jpg
Belgium heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:



  • Total pages in the Belgium section : 6,212
  • of which images : 5,002

Other heraldry:


Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site