County of Moravia

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

COUNTY OF MORAVIA

Arms (crest) of County of Moravia
Official blazon
Czech blazon wanted
English blazon wanted

Origin/meaning

The County Moravia (German Mähren, now Morava, Czech Republic) became part of the Austrian Empire in 1526. The chequered eagle has been used by the Counts of Moravia since Wenzel II (1292). The original colours of the eagle silver and red, were changed to gold and red in 1462.

Coat of arms (crest) of County of Moravia

The arms in 1530
Coat of arms (crest) of County of Moravia

The arms in the Wapen- en Vlaggenboek van Gerrit Hesman (1708)

Czech heraldry portal



This page is part of the
Czechnat.png
Czech heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World

Czech heraldry:


  • Total pages in the Czech section : 13,736
  • Total images in the Czech section : 7,860

Other Czech heraldry:


Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Ströhl, 1890