Cuesmes

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search

CUESMES

Province : Hainaut
Incorporated into: 1971 Mons

Armoiries de Cuesmes

Official blazon

Parti au premier de sinople à la croix d'argent, au deuxième d'or à trois chevrons de sable, l'écu en losange posé sur une crosse abbatiale d'argent.

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on March 18, 1914.

The arms show the arms of the joined St. Waudru Convent and St. Vincent Abbey, two of the most influential abbeys in Hainaut. The arms itself combine the cross of the Lothier family, with the oldest arms of the Counts of Hainaut. The village of Cuesmes became a possession of the St. Waudru Convent in 691 and the convent remained in possession of many rights until the late 18th century.

Wapen van/Blason de Cuesmes

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930

Literature: Servais, 1955


Belgium heraldry portal



This page is part of the
Belgium.jpg
Belgium heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:



  • Total pages in the Belgium section : 6,212
  • of which images : 5,002

Other heraldry:


Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site