From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Province: Opole
County: Głubczyce

Arms (crest) of Głubczyce
Official blazon
Polish blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms were officially adopted on November 23, 1995.

The arms above are based on the seal of the city dating from the middle of the 16th centruy. The arms show the local patron saint, St. Michael, holding two shields, one with the old arms of the city (lion) and one with three boat-hooks, the arms of the local estate.

Older seals of the city only used the lion, which was also used as the arms of the city until 1995.

Seal of Głubczyce

Seal from around 1900
Arms (crest) of Głubczyce

The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
Arms (crest) of Głubczyce

The arms in 1964
Arms (crest) of Głubczyce

The arms in 1994

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature : Plenako and Wanag, 1994