From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Province: Lubusz
County: Żagań

Arms (crest) of Iłowa
Official blazon
Polish blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


Ilowa (then Halbau) received city rights in 1679 and was sold in 1682 to Count Balthasar von Promnitz. The arrow and the stars in the arms are derived from his personal arms. The dog is also derived from the family arms, as the family received the right to use a dog in its crest in 1652 when the family was promoted to the rank of Count.

The arms already appear on the oldest known seal of the city, known since the late 17th century. The arms thus as such have not changed since, although in the 19th century the dog often was replaced by a lion.

Siegel von Iłowa

The municipal stamp shown in 1892
Arms (crest) of Iłowa

The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925


Poland heraldry portal

This page is part of the
Poland heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:

  • Total pages in the Poland section : 8,100
  • of which images : 5,035

Other heraldry:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site