From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Province : Brabant wallon
Incorporated into : 1977 Beauvechain

Armoiries de L'Ecluse

Official blazon


The arms were granted on March 12, 1904.

The arms are derived from the oldest known seal of the village, dating from the early 15th century. The seal showed the arms of the Bousies de Vertaing family, at the time Lords of L'Ecluse. The shield is held by the St. Mary as a supporter. When the arms were granted in 1904 the supporter was removed, but the arms of the family were not changed.

Wapen van/Blason de L'Ecluse

The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930

Literature: Servais, 1955

Belgium heraldry portal

This page is part of the
Belgium heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

Civic heraldry:

  • Total pages in the Belgium section : 6,284
  • of which images : 5,065

Other heraldry:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site