Country : Belgium
|French||Mi parti, au 1er gironné d'or et d'azur de douze pièces, à l'écusson de gueules sur le tout, et au second, d'argent 3 deux clefs de sable adossées en pal.|
The arms were granted on August 28, 1847.
The right half of the arms shows the oldest arms of the Counts of Vlaanderen. The village was a possession of the Counts of Vlaanderen until 1063, when they granted the village to the Ename Abbey. Therefore the oldest known arms of Vlaanderen were chosen, instead of the more well known black lion.
The left half shows two keys, which are derived from the old arms of the Berkel Estate, to which the village of Sint-Katriens-Kapelle (?) belonged until 1811, when the village was incorporated into Pervijse. The village used a seal with the keys already in the 17th century.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
Literature: Servais, 1955
Belgium heraldry portal
This page is part of the Belgium heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site