Gevierendeeld, 1 en 4 van keel met het kruis van goud, 2 en 3 van goud met den leeuw van keel - over alles heen van keel met het kruis van goud. Het schild getopt met de kroon met vijf fleurons.
The arms were granted on February 1, 1937.
The arms are derived from the arms of the family Aspremont-Lijnden. Rekem was a free estate, later a barony and finally a county, directly governed by the Holy Roman Empire, but held in loan by different vassals. The oldest known Lord of Reken was mentioned in the 12th century. Many different families ruled the estate, which became a possession of Herman van Aspremont-Lijnden in 1590. Later, Ernst van Lijnden became the first Count of Rekem.
The cross is the cross of the Van Lijnden family (see Lienden), the lion is derived from the arms of Aspremont.
The arms in the Koffie Hag/Café Hag albums +/- 1930
Literature: Servais, 1955
Belgium heraldry portal
This page is part of the Belgium heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site