The arms were officially adopted on September 17, 2013.
The oldest known seal of the city (German name Deutsch Krone) simply showed a (canting) crown (Krone in German). Later seals, dating from 1658 and later, show the crown with the sword, palm leaf and star. The leaf and the sword are tied together with a rope. The rope disappeared in later seals.
The origin of the sword and palm are not known, but it is assumed that they are derived from the seal of a local court and thus represent justice. The star may be the symbol of the St. Mary.
Besides the above mentioned seals there is another smaller seal, which dates from the 17th century. It shows three sheaves of wheat (garbs).
The arms shown below from around 1970 are derived from this smaller seal.
The current arms date from 2013 and only differ in the rope hoding the leaf and sword together.
Seal from around 1900
The arms in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1915
The arms as shown in 1963
The arms as shown around 1970
The arms as shown in 1994
|Heraldry of the World
|Polish heraldry portal
Herbarz Miast Polskich
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site