County of Nieder Lausitz

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Arms (crest) of County of Nieder Lausitz
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The County Nieder Lausitz (now in Saxony, Germany) became a possession of the Kings of Bohemia in 1364. On May 30, 1635 Ober and Nieder Lausitz were sold to the Dukes of Saxony. The Kings of Bohemia, and their successors, the Austrian Emperors, however, kept using the title of Margrave of Nieder Lausitz.

The arms are identical to the arms of the city of Luckau, which still uses the arms today. The arms are known as such since the 14th century.

Coat of arms (crest) of County of Nieder Lausitz

The arms in the Wapen- en Vlaggenboek van Gerrit Hesman (1708)

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the siteLiterature: Ströhl, 1890