Falkenberg (Oberpfalz)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Bayern
District (Kreis) : Tirschenreuth
Additions: 1977 Gumpen

Wappen von Falkenberg (Oberpfalz)/Arms (crest) of Falkenberg (Oberpfalz)
Official blazon

Geteilt von Schwarz und Blau; oben in einem silbernen Pfahl ein gekürzter goldener Abtstab; unten drei silberne Felsen, auf deren mittlerem ein goldener Falke sitzt.

English blazon wanted


The arms were officially granted in 1567 by Reichard, CoOunt of the Pfalz.

The village and castle became at the end of the 13th century a possession of the Cistercian monastery in Waldsassesn. The arms were granted by Count Reichard of the Pfalz in 1567. The upper part represents the Waldsassen monastery, the lower part is the derived from the canting arms of the Lords of Falkenstein (Falcon-stone), who lived in the local castle and used similar arms until 1252.

Wappen von Falkenberg (Oberpfalz)/Coat of arms (crest) of Falkenberg (Oberpfalz)

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site