Falkenstein (Königstein im Taunus)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Hessen
District (Kreis) : Hochtaunuskreis (until 1975 Obertaunuskreis)
Incorporated into: 1972 Königstein im Taunus

Wappen von Falkenstein (Königstein im Taunus)/Arms (crest) of Falkenstein (Königstein im Taunus)
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


Falkenstein grew around a castle originally built by the Counts of Nüring, and rebuilt in 1330 by the Lords of Falkenstein, who succeeded the Lords of Münzenberg. In 1679 the village became a possession of the Lords of Bettendorf. The oldest seals of the village, dating from the 17th century, only showed the ring of the Lords of Bettendorf in a shield. The present arms were granted in 1913 and show the local castle in a shield with the colours of the arms of the Lords of Münzenberg. The small shield of the Lords of Bettendorf is placed on the tower.

The historical arms of the town, as still shown in 1956:

Wappen von Falkenstein (Königstein im Taunus)/Coat of arms (crest) of Falkenstein (Königstein im Taunus)

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Hessisches Wappenbuch, 1956