From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Nordrhein-Westfalen
District (Kreis) : Hochsauerlandkreis (until 1975 Meschede)
Amt : Amt Fredeburg
Incorporated into: 1975 Schmallenberg

Wappen von Fredeburg/Arms (crest) of Fredeburg
Official blazon
German In Blau eine silberne Burg mit offenem Tor und drei Zinnentürmen mit schwarzen Spitzdächern; der mittlere über rundem Unterbau sechseckig mit zwei Zinnenkränzen, die gezinnten Seitentürme rund.
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted on April 18, 1911.

Fredeburg received city rights from the Counts of the Mark in the 14th century and became part of the State of Köln in 1444. The oldest seal dates from 1480 and already shows a gate and three towers. Later seals show the same composition. The arms were officially granted in 1911 by King Wilhelm II. The colours are derived from the colours of the State of Köln.

Wappen von Fredeburg/Coat of arms (crest) of Fredeburg

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes; Hupp, O: Kaffee Hag albums, 1920s