Fridingen an der Donau

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Baden-Württemberg
District (Kreis) : Tuttlingen

Wappen von Fridingen an der Donau/Arms (crest) of Fridingen an der Donau
Official blazon
German In geteiltem Schild oben Silber, unten von Rot und Silber gerautet


Fridingen was founded by the Counts of Hohenberg, who granted the city rights in 1370 and sold the city to the Dukes of Austria in 1381. Nevertheless, the seals until the 17th century still showed the divided silver and red shield of the Counts of Hohenberg (see also Horb). In the 19th century the division was slightly changed, with the silver half being reduced to a silver chief, see below. In 1938 these arms were officially granted.

Wappen von Fridingen an der Donau/Coat of arms (crest) of Fridingen an der Donau

The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925

In 1963 the present arms were granted. The original division was restored and to distinguish the arms from other similar arms, the lower half was altered. On the historical seals a maze was used to differentiate between the two halves. This maze was transformed to the diamond in the new arms.

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site