Unter Schildhaupt mit den bayerischen Rauten in Rot eine silberne Mauer mit zwei Zinnen.
The arms were granted on August 25, 1960 and confirmed on May 23, 1973.
The upper part shows the arms of Bayern. These are identical to the arms of the Wittelsbach family, who took the arms from the Counts of Bogen in 1242. Here the diamonds indicate three historical items : Ludmilla von Bogen founded a monastery in Seligenthal in the district. Secondly, the city of Landshut was founded by the Wittelsbach family and a branch of the family named themselves after Landshut. Finally the diamonds indicate the fact that the district is still part of Bayern.
The lower part of the arms shows the arms of the Counts of Preysing, who were one of the most important noble families in the district.
Postal cancellation 1986
Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site