From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Rheinland-Pfalz
District (Kreis) : Südwestpfalz
Verbandsgemeinde : Verbandsgemeinde Pirmasens-Land

Wappen von Lemberg/Arms (crest) of Lemberg
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms were officially granted on May 28, 1949 and show in the upper part the arms of the Counts of Hanau, and in the lower part the old village sign, a horse-shoe. Lemberg became a possession of the Counts of Hanau-Lichtenberg in 1570. The oldest known seal dates from 1587 and shows the present arms, which differ slightly from the arms of the Counts of Hanau. The arms of Hanau show three complete chevrons, the seal and the present arms do not completely show the lower chevron.

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site