|German||In Silber auf grünem Dreiberg an schwarzem Stecken zwei grüne Rebstöcke mit je einer grünen Traube und einem grünen Blatt.|
The arms were adopted in 1901.
Historically the village was divided into Ober- and Unter-Nesselried. The first was a possession of the Staufenberg Estate in the Margraviate of Baden; the second belonged to the Austrian district of Ortenau. In 1805 the latter bacame part of Baden and in 1871 the two parts were united in the municipality of Nesselried. The new municipality used a seal with the letters NR.
In 1900 the State Archives of Baden proposed canting arms for the village; three nettles (Nessel) on a hill. The council however opted for the grapes, as viticulture was the main activity in the municipality at the time. The colours were chosen arbitrarily. The hill in the base symbolises the local hills.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site
Literature: Huber, 1987