From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Bayern
District : Bad Kissingen
Additions : 1978 Breitenbach, Mitgenfeld, Modlos, Unterleichtersbach

Wappen von Oberleichtersbach/Arms (crest) of Oberleichtersbach
Official blazon
German Geviert; 1 und 4: in Silber ein durchgehendes schwarzes Kreuz; 2 und 3: schräg geteilt im Doppelzinnenschnitt von Gold und Rot.
English blazon wanted


The arms were officially granted on December 5, 1980.

The village was for many centuries a possession of the Abbey of Fulda, from the 9th century until 1803. The present church was built by Placidus von Droste, Prince-Abbot of Fulda between 1678-1700. Above the door in the church his arms are shown, which were granted as arms of the municipality. The first and fourth quarter show the black cross of Fulda, the second and third the personal arms of the Abbot.

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Information obtained from the Region Unterfranken