|In Gold, über blau-silbernen Wellen eine dreitürmige rote Burg; im Schildhaupt der rote holsteinische Schild mit dem silbernen Nesselblatt, flankiert von den beiden schleswigschen rotbewehrten blauen Löwen.
The arms were granted on April 9, 1948.
The castle is the original Rendsburg, named after and built by Lord Reinold in the 12th century as a fortress against the Danish Kings. The two villages around the castle were in the 13th century combined to the city of Rendsburg by the Counts of Holstein. The nettle-leaf in the upper part is the arms of the Counts of Hoalstein. The lions are taken from the arms of Schleswig.
The lower part symboliwes the Eider river, the Nord-Ostseekanal (a channel between the Northsea and the Baltic Sea) as well as the many lakes in the district.
The arms on an cover
Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.
This page is part of the German heraldry portal
Heraldry of the World
Selected collector's items from Germany:
Contact and Support
Your logo here ?
© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink
Index of the site