From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Rheinland-Pfalz
District (Kreis) : Südwestpfalz
Verbandsgemeinde : Verbandsgemeinde Thaleischweiler-Fröschen
Additions : 1969 Höhmühlbach, Rieschweiler

Wappen von Rieschweiler-Mühlbach/Arms (crest) of Rieschweiler-Mühlbach
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted on April 3, 1980.

The lion is the lion of the Dukes of Pfalz-Zweibrücken, as the village of Rieschweiler was the seat of a governor of the Duchy until 1793. The letter M stands for Madonna, taken from the arms of the Wörschweiler Abbey, which had possessions in the region. The red bar and the ball are derived from the arms of the Counts of Saarweden, who also owned some possessions in medieval times. The bar was mady wavy as a canting symbol (Bach is brook, stream) and the ball was changed into a millstone as a canting symbol for Mühlbach (Mühle is mill).

Literature: Debus, 1988

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site