Schönau (Pfalz)

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Rheinland-Pfalz
District (Kreis) : Südwestpfalz
Verbandsgemeinde : Verbandsgemeinde Dahner Felsenland

Wappen von Schönau (Pfalz)/Arms (crest) of Schönau (Pfalz)
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted


The arms were granted on February 7, 1956 (arms above right).

The right half and the previous arms (above left) are based on the old seal of the village, which is known since 1727. The meaning of the plough and crown is not known.
In the new arms the colour of the left half is taken from the arms of the Lords of Fleckenstein, the oldest known owners of the Schönau Estate.

The bar refers to the Au part of the name (Au means brook). The crosier symbolizes the St. Walburg Abbey, which acquired the estate in 1129 from the Lords of Fleckenstein. The miner's tools refer to the mining in the village, which lasted many centuries.

Literature: Debus, 1988

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site