Fröndenberg

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wappen von Fröndenberg/Arms (crest) of Fröndenberg
FRÖNDENBERG

Country : Germany
Germany.jpg




State : Nordrhein-Westfalen
Nordrhei.jpg




District (Kreis) : Unna
Unna.kreis.jpg



Additions: (to see click on expand)


  • 1902 Stift Fröndenberg
  • 1902 Westick
  • 1968 Amt Fröndenberg
  • 1968 Altendorf
  • 1968 Bausenhagen
  • 1968 Frohnhausen
  • 1968 Frömern
  • 1968 Langschede
    • 1964 Ardey
    • 1964 Dellwig
  • 1968 Neimen
  • 1968 Ostbüren
  • 1968 Stentrop
  • 1968 Strickherdicke
  • 1968 Warmen
  • 1969 Bentrop
Loading map...
Official blazon
German blazon wanted
English blazon wanted

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on April 20, 1937 and again on March 10, 1949.

The arms show the patron saint of the local Cistercian monastery, St. Mauritius. The monastery was founded around 1230 and played a major role in the development of the town. The lower part of the arms shows the chequered bar of the Counts of the Mark. The area historically belonged to the County of Mark, and the monastery was founded by Count Otto of the Mark.

Image gallery

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.




This page is part of the
Germany.jpg
German heraldry portal


Logo-new.jpg
Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:



Contact and Support

Partners:

Your logo here ?
Contact us



© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site