From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search


State : Baden-Württemberg
District (Kreis) : Rastatt
Incorporated into : 1970 Gaggenau

Wappen von Rotenfels/Arms (crest) of Rotenfels
Official blazon
German In gespaltenem Schild vorne in Gold ein roter Schrägbalken, hinten in Blau aus rotem Dreifels wachsend ein goldener Rost.
English blazon wanted


The oldest known seal of the village dates from 1484 and already shows the above arms. The arms are a combination of the arms of Baden in the right half, and the symbol of St. Lawrence in the left half. St. Lawrence is the patron saint of the town. The red hills in the base of the left half are canting (the name means red rock).

The arms are used on the seals until the 19th century, when the Baden arms disappear. In January 1901 the local council decides to restore the old arms, which were used for the first time in April 1901.

This page is part of the
German heraldry portal

Heraldry of the World

German heraldry:

Selected collector's items from Germany:

Contact and Support


Your logo here ?
Contact us

© since 1995, Heraldry of the World, Ralf Hartemink Ralf Hartemink arms.jpg
Index of the site

Literature: Zier and Futterer, 1966.